Energy Efficient Replacement Windows
Are you in the market for new energy-efficient windows? You probably want the best replacement windows available-but do you know what makes a window energy-efficient? There are a number of different things that determine window energy efficiency.
Factors that influence window energy efficiency include:
- Style or type of window (picture, casement, awning, etc.)
- Window material (wood, vinyl, etc.)
- Type of glass
- Distance between window panes
- Location of window
- Government regulations
What makes a Window Energy-Efficient?
To go into a little more detail, an energy-efficient window has:
- A high-quality frame – Certain materials help insulate better (e.g. vinyl welded frame that is foam injected to increase R-value)
- Low-E glass – The special coating on this type of glass helps keep heat inside your house in the winter and outside in the summer
- Multiple Panes – Two panes insulate better than one (especially with gas-filled space in between them), and three-pane windows are even more energy-efficient and offer more sound control
If you’re looking for energy-efficient replacement windows in Abington, Plymouth Meeting, Fort Washington, or Glenside that can help your wallet and environment, Catalfano Brothers has what you need. We offer a wide selection of windows from leading manufacturers. In fact, that’s what makes us stand our among other replacement windows companies in Philadelphia, Montgomery County, Chester County, Delaware County, and Bucks County, PA. Catalfano Brothers is not about high-pressure sales tactics, but quality products that speak for themselves. Contact us today to see why so many Abington, Glenside, Fort Washington, and Plymouth meeting homeowners in the Philadelphia, Montgomery County, Chester County, Delaware County, and Bucks County, PA area have chosen Catalfano Brothers!